Thursday 30 August 2012

I'm back and it's back!

I AM BACK! I had a fab holiday in Turkey with my lovely family and my mum and dad. We stayed in a gorgeous villa, but I did miss all my kitchen stuff. We had ONE kitchen knife that was barely sharp! The owner so needs to get herself some Pampered Chef knives!

Having done 9 August shows before I went I came back with a BANG and have done two more shows this week - one was a fundraiser for my odson Josh. And yes I do mean odson - he had a glistening not a christening and I am an odmother not a godmother! Josh is such a lovely little boy and he was diagnosed last October with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy. A wonderful friend of Josh's mum, Sharon, hosted a fundraiser for Duchenne Now which is a charity that supports children with DMD http://duchennenow.org/. I was thrilled that we raised over £130 - AMAZING!

And so I am now on to my September shows! I am so excited about launching the new catalogue - it looks so smart and is packed with gorgeous new products. I have shown you some sneak previews, but I was saving one of the best 'til last.

YEEEEESSSSS! IT'S BAAAACKKKKK!!!





Yes our ice cream scoop it's back and it is even better than before:

'The pointed head cuts through hard ice cream and scoops down to the bottom of the carton. Scalloped edges scrape the sides and top. Handle protects your hand from the cold metal. 7½". Dishwasher-safe'


Did you read that???? DISHWASHER SAFE! YAY!!!

So get your orders in - it really is fab!

And once you have your lovely new ice cream scoop why not use it to serve ice cream with this - nom nom!
http://www.pamperedchef.biz/sarahhall?page=products-detail&categoryId=90&itemId=2731&productId=39996

Blueberry Flip Over Pie

300g fresh blueberries, rinsed and patted dry  
55g light soft brown sugar   
1 tablespoon plain flour  
½   teaspoon ground cinnamon  
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 egg white  
1 packet (450 g) frozen ready-rolled shortcrust pastry (2 rounds), defrosted at  room temperature (according to packet directions)
25 g flaked almonds, roughly chopped 
Icing sugar, to decorate    
Custard or vanilla ice cream, to serve (optional)

Pre-heat oven to 200ºC/fan 180ºC/Gas 6. Combine blueberries, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and lemon juice in Class Batter Bowl; stir well with Small Mix 'n' Scrape. Whisk egg white in clean Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl with Stainless Whisk until light and frothy. Unroll one pastry round onto Medium Round Stone with Handles; brush all over with beaten egg white using Chef's Basting Brush. Spoon blueberry mixture evenly over pastry, leaving a 4-cm border all around edge. Unroll second pastry round and gently fold in half; place on Cutting Board. On folded-length, cut 6-cm length strips, about 4.5 cm apart, using Forged Utility Knife.

Gently open pastry sheet and place over filling; press pastry edges together to seal. Decoratively flute edges of pastry using your thumb and forefingers. Brush egg white over surface of pastry. Roughly chop almonds with Food Chopper and sprinkle nuts evenly over pastry.

Bake 25 –30 minutes or until cooked and golden brown. Remove from oven to cooling rack; cool 10 minutes. Sprinkle with sifted icing sugar. Cut into wedges and serve. Serve warm with custard or vanilla ice cream, if desired.
Serves 8–10

No comments:

Post a Comment